I am Jonathan Ginn, a designer from south England. But everyone calls me Jon. I’ve just graduated with a First Class Degree with Honours in Interactive Media Production at Bournemouth University. I’m a designer and front-end developer for websites, as well as dabbling in game design. I’ve worked with clients such as the NHS, journalists, and bands in both the US and UK, and loads more.
I’m currently working at Freshleaf Media as a Designer and Front-End Developer and Social Media Mastermind and a whole ton of other things and loving it. I am however still available for freelancing on smaller, fun projects. If you think you’ve got something for me, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
I love being creative. I love sitting up late at night, being struck by inspiration. I thrive on creating new things, focusing on the perfect details but not losing the bigger picture. I like creating things with a strong, striking visual identity or something that makes people laugh. I’m heavily influenced by old art, notably the post-WW2 period including Film Noir.
The ‘Look and Feel’ of a finished product is paramount to me, whether physical or digital.
I’m ‘T-Shaped’, with generalist skills in almost every area you can think of, but a strong focus on beautiful design, user experience, and making pretty things work.
I’ve recently started public speaking and love teaching others new things (mostly about typefaces), sharing knowledge, and learning other people’s wide and varied knowledge. I enjoy surrounding myself with people that know better things than me, as that drives me to succeed and learn.
- Years experience with Adobe Photoshop. Since version 6.
- Lives inside Adobe Fireworks designing things.
- Great eye for design and a superb attention to detail.
- Knows too much about videogames and films.
- Unbridled enthusiasm and determination to succeed.
- An unhealthy obsession with typefaces.
- Able to change lightbulbs without the aid of a chair.
- Taller than a Cyberman.
- Is not a noir detective, no matter how much he wishes he is.
- Really good at making ‘Ginn’ related word-puns.